Chocolate chip cookies are an essential treat that everyone craves. I mean who doesn’t love a warm, buttery, chewy chocolate chip cookie? While I love traditional made cookies, Corner Bakery I’m looking at you, they can be filled with sugars and fats that you can only enjoy in moderation. But what if I wanted a cookie, or like three, on a daily basis? Well, you came to the right place! Made with simple and wholesome ingredients, these cookies are soft, chewy, and melt in your mouth good. Not to mention, they’re also vegan, gluten free, paleo, and can be keto friendly. You’ll never guess these are secretly healthy! So go ahead, take that extra cookie and indulge in the chocolaty goodness that you deserve.
Let’s talk ingredients for a minute. These cookies are made with 8 ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, arrowroot powder, coconut oil, any kind of syrup, vanilla extract, milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk), and chocolate chips. I want to quickly highlight arrowroot powder and the syrup.
Arrowroot powder is a starch that’s naturally gluten free, grain free, vegan and paleo friendly. It will help bind the cookies together since we’re not using eggs. If arrowroot powder is not accessible, you can substitute cornstarch. However, be mindful that cornstarch is not paleo or keto friendly.
Any type of sticky sweetener can be used for this recipe, such as maple or agave syrup. I used agave syrup, but if you’re following a strict keto diet, I would recommend a keto friendly syrup like ChocZero or Lakanto’s Maple Syrup (which is sweetened from monk fruit).
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 6 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchement paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, and arrowroot powder
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the coconut oil and syrup and heat until melted. Wisk well to incorporate
- Add the oil and syrup mixture to the dry ingredients, along with the milk and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Form into 15 balls and press down gently
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly brown. Let it cool for a few minutes
One thought on “The Most Delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These cookies look amazing!