What exactly constitutes the perfect brownie? Fudgy? Chocolatey? Chewy? Trick question, answer is all of the above.
These brownies are made with simple ingredients that deliver a rich, chocolatey flavor that we all want. Every bite will leave you wanting more, and I must admit, I might have eaten two right as they came out of the oven and cooled a bit because they were that irresistible. While they are good as is, my favorite way to serve the brownies are warm topped with some vanilla ice cream. I mean who doesn’t love that combination?
Enough talking, lets get to the good stuff!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup nut butter ( I used almond)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup chocolate of your choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- In a bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil together in microwave for two 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between. Alternatively, you can use a sauce pan and stove top
- Add in nut butter, maple or agave syrup, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until fully combined
- Mix in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
- Pour into a greased, or parchment-lined 8×8 square pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes
- When finished, remove from oven and allow to cool in pan