Oatmeal cookies have become one of my favorite types of cookies, sometimes even preferring it to a chocolate chip. I know, my 8 year old self is looking at me in disbelief, but the truth is, the components of both are technically the same. Just add some oats to a classic chocolate chip cookie, and bam you got an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie- the best of both worlds. In my opinion, oats add a nice texture and bite to a cookie with some added whole grains. Who doesn’t love a cookie that’s healthy? Speaking of healthy, this recipe is completely flourless, gluten free, and made with simple, wholesome ingredients. Plus you only need one bowl, which means less dishes, which is practically a win in itself.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add any additional treats that you’d like. I added some craisins and chocolate chips to mine!
Hope you love these as much as I do!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional ½ raisins and chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda
- Add the coconut oil, egg, agave syrup, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined and fold in the raisins and chocolate chips if using
- Divide dough into about 14 tablespoon sized balls and gently press to flatten with your fingers
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are turning golden brown
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooking rack to cool completely